- Cocoon Maidens are weak against melee Crush attacks. Using High Crush attribute blades with any type of element other than divine is the quickest way to kill them.
- When attacking a Cocoon Maiden, it's best to position yourself at its back or sides. This prevents it from attacking you with its very quick frontal needle attack which can inflict Jamming.
- When you see a Cocoon Maiden slightly raise itself up, it will launch its 360 degree needle attack which can inflict Jamming. Dash away from it as soon as possible.
Gun Attacking Tips:
- Snipe them down using bomb/radial type bullets of any element other than divine.
- You can also use its own Aragami bullets against it so long as you are using a gun with a good enough pierce attribute.
- Javelin: Shoots a homing attack in the air, that launches itself towards the target
- Laser: Fires a straight laser shot from the tube on its head
- Spike: Opens the shell and stabs with a huge needle in front of it
- Needles: Raises itself from the ground and stabs around itself with huge spikes. Applies Jammed status on hit.
Status Resistances for GE3:
|Venom||350||32||25 sec (2.5% Max HP/sec)|
|Defense Down||400||80||60 sec|
Other Useful Tips:
- Cocoon Maidens will be staggered and eventually be inflicted with the down status effect after taking a large amount of damage. This gives the player an open opportunity for a devour attack or to deal more damage.
- Cocoon Maidens are immobile but it can shoot lasers, straight or over the target's head, as an effective means of attacking. You can use another Aragami's body as a shield from its projectiles.
- Cocoon Maidens usually appear with other larger Aragami to provide support fire. When this happens, it's best that you kill them first as they pose as a hindrance/distraction. You can also devour them before facing the main target to get a free burst and extra Aragami bullets.
God Eater Burst
|Laser||Pierce||Fires a single shot|
|Javelin||Pierce||Fires an overhead auto-aiming shot that falls on the enemy|
The numbers below represent a percentage estimate of the Aragami's defense (From 1% to 100%) for the specified attributes. The higher the value, the weaker your attack will be.
God Eater Burst