Blade Attacking Tips:
- Similar to the Ogretail, all blade attributes except for divine are effective against them.
- For melee attacks, stick to aerial combos as they will easily trim down a Zygote's HP but watch out for its Poison Gas attack when doing so.
Gun Attacking Tips:
- Using any kind of bullet is effective except those with divine attribute.
- Zygotes are weak against its own Aragami bullets. Make sure to bring a gun with a high pierce attribute if you want to use its own Aragami bullets against it.
- When sniping down a Zygote, watch out for its ranged attacks.
- Biting: It will try to hover in front of you and bite
- Rush: It will float backwards before scraping above ground and rush at you
- Air Shot: It will puff up and fire a ball of air at you
- Poison Shot: Same as above, but this time it is poisonous. Getting hit will debuff you with Venom
- Poison Cloud: It will puff up and emit a cloud of poison from the tube on its tail. Getting hit will get you Venom.
|Defense Down [GE2 Only]||Standard||Normal|
Status Resistances for GE3:
|Venom||350||32||25 sec (10% Max HP total)|
|Defense Down||400||80||60 sec|
Other Useful Tips:
- Zygotes will fall to the ground after taking a large amount of damage. This gives the player an open opportunity for a devour attack or to deal more damage.
- Zygotes' poison gas and shot attacks can inflict Venom so exercise caution whenever fighting against one.
- Zygotes have extremely acute hearing and have a wide area vision. If a Zygote spots you, it will alert every other Aragami on the map to your location. Avoid these as best as you can or strike them down fast if you want to keep the element of surprise on whatever you're hunting. On a side note, Zygotes can still easily detect you even if you're equipped with espionage-related skills (Air, Muted, (B) Super Mute and Covert Team).
- Zygotes usually appear with other larger Aragami. When this happens, it's best that you kill them first as they pose as a hindrance/distraction. You can also devour them before facing the main target to get a free burst and extra Aragami bullets.
- Even if they're hovering in mid-air, your devour attacks can still hit them normally.
God Eater Burst
|Poison Shot||Pierce||Has the chance of poisoning the enemy on contact.|
|Air Shot||Pierce||Shoots a small bullet of air.|
God Eater 2
|Sniper||Pierce||Fire an explosive poison sniper round.|
|Assault||Pierce||Fire 3 homing bullets.|
|Blast||Pierce||Fire a will-o-wisp towards the enemy.|
(3 Way Air Shot)
|Shotgun||Pierce||Fire 3 extremely short ranged bullets.|
The numbers below represent a percentage estimate of the Aragami's defense (From 1% to 100%) for the specified attributes. The higher the value, the weaker your attack will be.
Attributes for God Eater 2: Rage Burst, God Eater Resurrection and God Eater 3
God Eater Burst